Wednesday, November 07, 2007

really?

Because I'm a nut like that, I bought a cool poster off of ebay (yeah I know it's not really "rare" but it's still my fave director and actor doing my fave play). Of course they didn't bother to ship it until after I sent them a few gentle reminders which meant that I had no idea when it would be coming, thus not allowing myself to be home from my two jobs to receive it.

Apparently they tried to deliver it today while I was at work. So I had to then call the stupid post office voice-automated phone number to request a redelivery for a day when I will be home. How unnecessary is this voice automated hotline?
Well, when prompted to give the article number, you are given clear instructions to "say each number or letter, one at a time." Really? Do other people possess the power to say more than one letter or number at a time? Because I don't. Can you say both the letter R and the number 3 simultaneously? And don't say "rhee" because that's just saying one quickly before the other.

So I made sure to carefully enunciate each number, then got frustrated and just pushed the buttons on the phone. I finally got through the ordeal and heard "If you're finished, please hang up." Good thing they told me, because I was finished but I was going to stay on the phone, you know, just for fun.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am very glad that I have not yet had to deal with automated postal phone service. Although it is very funny reading about it.

LittlePea said...

Heehee! My husband worked on that software for IBM a few years ago and told me it was the worst he'd ever seen.....I always tell him it's all his fault because he got so frustrated there, he switched jobs.

super des said...

It does make for a good story. But I'm glad Pea's husband didn't like it either.

# #