Thursday, April 22, 2010

stupid tummy

I'm having body image issues. Not like I've turned anorexic or bulemic or anything, but I am not happy with my tummy. I know I'm not overweight, but I have some pudge, a pooch, love handles, and a muffin top. Now before anyone jumps in and says "no! You're skinny! Shut up bitch!" remember that you don't see me naked or wearing certain things. I do, and am unhappy with what I see.

I realize that as I get older my metabolism slows down. But I have been doing my Wii Fit for like 5 months and haven't noticed a change. I do yoga, aerobics / cardio, and targeted tummy exercises, and have been hovering around the same few pounds since I started. I think I am building more muscle, especially in my legs and tummy, but that layer of "womb protecting pudge" is still there.

I'm no health nut, but my diet isn't terrible. Though I'm not a vegetarian anymore, I still don't eat red meat or most pork products. I eat lean chicken and turkey, along with lots of fruits & vegetables, yogurt, granola, pasta, and yes, dollar pizza and Taco Bell. (Hey, I never said I was perfect.) I've even recently started taking a weight loss supplement - no, not the kind that kills you. This one is a powder I pour in my water (which I drink a ton of anyway) and is basically caffinated berry extract. It is NOT an appetite suppressant but is supposed to help me burn more calories and speed up my metabolism.

So I feel discouraged at my waistline. I feel like my efforts are not paying off. Arg.



PS - AIDS WALK

No comments:

# #