Monday, March 15, 2010

It's that time of year again!

Well, I'm doing the AIDS Walk again. This will be my 7th time walking to raise money - I've done three in San Francisco, two in NYC, and one in Detroit. I didn't get to walk last year because of the whole "moving to NC" thing. (I moved before Detroit's, and after Charlotte's.) But this year I'm back in the swing of things.

Not that I need a personal reason to walk, but my uncle had AIDS and died when I was ten years old. That was almost 20 years ago, and there are millions of people that are still directly affected by AIDS. While this walk benefits people on a local level, it's still for the greater world good.

This is the one cause that I've really devoted myself to, and over the years I've raised several thousand dollars. So I'm asking for your help. I do all the walking, and you do some financial giving. Go to my personal donation page and give any amount you can, even only a few dollars. Every bit helps. If you don't want to do it electronically, just ask for my address to mail a check to (made out to AIDS Walk Charlotte).

Ok, enough preaching. You know where I stand on the subject, and if you would be so kind as to pass the message along, it would be greatly appreciated. :)



ps - for some reason this walk is shorter than the other ones I've done (2 miles instead of the regular 6.2 miles / 10k) but it will be just as important and fun.

http://aidswalkcharlotte.org/desm

No comments:

# #