Monday, February 16, 2009

valentine's weekend, the sober version

ok, update to my drunken ramblings from the other night:

First off, pictures!



I only dyed the front of my hair because I wasn't sure how the purple would take over the reddish-brown, and I hate bleaching my hair unless I absolutely have to. But I think it turned out well, so I may add more. Also in the second pic, you can see one of the shirts I bought on clearance. (The other one is exactly the same, but black.) I love Express, and I love clearance sales, and I love coupons. That is all.

(And because I love to coordinate colors, I painted my nails to match my hair. They don't perfectly match though, because my nails are sparkly and my hair is not. But if they made sparkly hair dye, I would be all over that.)



Speaking of clearance sales, the bookstore in the mall was having a whopper of a clearance sale. Our attention was drawn to the $1 calendars. Yes, it's mid-February and I didn't have 2009 calendars yet. So what? We picked out Star Trek and pictures from the Hubble telescope. Yeah, Jay and I are nerds. But you knew that already. Also, there was a box of books marked 90% off. I couldn't resist, and walked out with 3 new books - The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, 1000 Arabian Nights, and Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift. I could have gotten more, but I couldn't remember if I had the other ones already. These ones I knew I didn't. All in all, we got 2 calendars and 3 books for $4. That ruled.

After my near murderous encounter with the chick not interested in selling me a new phone, I went online and made my order. Starting tomorrow, I will be the proud new owner of an LG Voyager. It's got a touch screen AND a keyboard. Also, at some point I will be able to upgrade my plan so I can do internetty stuff on my phone, and when I do that I won't need to buy a new phone.

So that's it. I know this post made more sense than the last one. BUT this one took me about 1/10 the time to write, as there was no rum involved. Oh! Also, I forgot to mention that I had a bit of a hangover yesterday morning from that aforementioned rum. It was the first time in many many years that I threw up (especially from drinking). It could have been worse though, because the only thing that actually came back up was the ibuprofen I'd taken an hour earlier. Then my tummy hurt for about 15 minutes, and then I was fine. Like I said, coulda been worse.

6 comments:

Count Mockula said...

Speaking of sparkly hair dye, I once came up with a wish list for hair dyes -- metallic, glow-in-the-dark, black light, Hypercolor (changes color with heat), etc.

super des said...

They make black light sensitive (manic panic). One time I had orange hair and was actually in a place with a black light. It was pretty exciting.

I would totally go for hypercolor too though. :)

flutter said...

that blue sweater is gorgeous on you

super des said...

Thanks! I was torn between the blue and the black, so I bought them both! (Which I could not have done if they were not 40% off.)

Jbeeky said...

Looks adorable, as usual. Great, totally great nail color. I am glad you had a nice day, you really deserve them. Lots of them!

super des said...

Thank you jbeeky! :)

# #