Sunday, November 02, 2008

decisions

So.... I got offered the job that I interviewed for on Friday. Unfortunately it would be a pretty significant pay cut. But the "job" I have now doesn't count as a steady or reliable income. I was laid off before, I could be laid off again. Until then, I have to call every morning to see if they even need me to come in. They haven't needed me in quite a while, so I've had no income. When I did get a check (the only one this month) it bounced. I got reimbursed as always, but it's still a pain in the ass.

Living paycheck to paycheck is difficult when you don't even get a paycheck. What's the point of having a job if I draw no income from it?

I can take this new job. I wouldn't be as bored, and it's actually closer to my house. But I will never be able to buy a car, if I can even pay the bills that I already have. I'm barely making ends meet as it is, and this pay cut would make that much more difficult. But something is better than nothing right?

I explained the situation to my potential future boss, and he and the other interviewer really liked me but completely understand. He's going to call the District Manager and see if they can get me more money. Even if that works, I doubt it will be enough to make me financially stable. If anything, it will just be less of pay cut.

What do I do?

4 comments:

mar said...

rock & a hard place.
i say, take the new job. it's a definite paycheck even if it's less. the economy isn't going to get better any time soon or i'd stay with the custom cars place. it'll probably pick up eventually, but at least you'll have something. plus, you said you wouldn't be bored.
tough decision no matter what.

Count Mockula said...

I'd take it. Steady money is better than no money.

SUEB0B said...

Take the new job and ask old boss if you can do that work in your spare time - if they have work, you will do it.

flutter said...

take the job and continue to look for something better

# #