Sunday, September 21, 2008

AIDS Walk & more

So today was the Detroit AIDS Walk. I raised $515 total, so thank you to everyone who donated. And to those who didn't, shame on you! Just kidding. Kind of. But the walk was really fun, and Jay was kind enough to accompany me in waking up early and walking over 6 miles. We got to do our normal people watching, and pick out a few houses we would like to live in, and help a good cause at the same time. I didn't take any pictures, because I didn't feel like it. So you will just have to imagine thousands of people walking on the sidewalks in downtown Royal Oak.

In other news, I now have a job (of sorts) with ChaCha. It's almost my dream job. People submit random questions to the website (or via text to 242242) and I answer them. The questions range from anything like "what's the score of the Eagles-Lions game?" to "what is MSG, and why is it so tasty?" to "should I do my homework, or keep drinking?" It's a lot of fun researching things and then giving semi-snarky answers in 160 characters or less.

So that's what I've been up to.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

That sounds like a sweet gig.

# #