Monday, April 02, 2007

some highlights

So here I am, having almost forgotten how to use the internet after staying in a house for 10 days that had a computer that was not even plugged in, let alone with internet access. How does someone not have the internet?

1. My first full day there (having arrived the night before), we went to Santa Cruz. On the way back, my friend’s fiancé totaled my friend’s car. Bald tires led to sliding and we hit 2 cement dividers while spinning in circles. Somehow, and I blame magic, nobody in the car was hurt (aside from a coupla bruises) and we managed to not hit any of the other cars on the freeway. There was a rear-ending when passersby slowed to look at us, but we weren’t involved in that.

2. There was cake tasting and flower choosing and many dinners with parents that insist I not pay. Of course, there were shopping excursions that insist I did pay.

3. I visited my old hairdresser in Davis. I got a cute new ‘do and he bought me a weird shot called a Brain Hemorrhage. It’s Bailey’s, grenadine, and peach schnapps, and poured in such a way that it does look like a bloody brain. It’s tasty until the end, when it has the texture of a bloody brain as well, and that is kind of gross. But if someone wants to cut my hair in a fun way and then show me off to all his friends (in a bar, sure) then I will let him.

4. I’ve learned that I hate bridal magazines, wedding books, or any sort of literature on the subject. There were two (2) books on how to elope. Doesn’t that defeat the point of eloping? Are people really that daft that they need a book on how to run away to Vegas?

5. I did a lot of movie watching, particularly on the day after my friend's bday when she was ... um ... sick... from ... drinking too much. (You know I don't drink enough to throw up orange mac & cheese noodles outside of a bar, which is both really funny and really gross.)

6. I realized exactly how boring my old college town was. We went there for our fave restaurants and had a monster of a time thinking of things to do between meals, even with the haircut and the romp to the best store ever. (If you live near Sacramento and haven't gone to Evangeline's, then you are quite off your nut.)

7. I had my 1st experience with the Nintendo Wii. There is a game about how to cook. As videogame, it is both utterly pointless and utterly hilarious. Damn those Japanese. There is also a marble game that makes me frustrated and I throw the wireless remote. I'm not allowed to play that game anymore.

Ok, I think that's it for now. I'm sure more will come back to me as I get re-acquainted with writing down every single thought I have.

3 comments:

LittlePea said...

Sounds like fun. Except for the crash. Scary. I won't be going to California-unfortunately. I'm going to New Jersey for my nephew's first communion. Don't ask how a Floridian like my poor sister could just up and decide to move to the armpit that is NJ or how a heathen like myself would be required at a first communion, it's a touchy subject for the both of us.

I hate wedding books/magazines too. That's why I eloped- but just to the next town over not to Vegas. Why? Because I hate Vegas as well.

So glad you're back and in one piece. I missed your smartassness. I can't fathom why anyone's house would have no internet either.

super des said...

ha ha ha. I missed you too, Pea! Because you used the words "I hate" and "heathen" in your comment. And you have alligator problems.
:)

Suzanne said...

Sounds like a great trip, minus the crash. I'm glad that you are back too.

# #