Wednesday, April 04, 2007

diamonds are NOT a girl's best friend

Arg.

On a recent ebay spree, I stumbled across loose diamonds for sale. I found a pretty (small) yellow – sorry, "champagne" – diamond for $30. I bought it. Later I regretted it because I don't need a diamond, and I could've used the money for something else. But oh well.

It arrived and was sparkly, so I bought a chain and setting for it. Then Craig noticed there was a scratched "X" across the top. That shouldn't be. So I emailed the company and they said they would replace it, no problem. But it was a problem. The company did their part and in theory I should've had my sparkly diamond that same week. BUT the post office is full of giant assbutts. They left a notice saying that they had tried to deliver my package but it needed a signature and nobody was there to sign for it.

This would have been acceptable had Craig not been on spring break at the time. He was home all day, every day. The day the notice was left, he had not left the house AT ALL, even to go to the store. He didn't even take a shower (vacation – leave him alone). But the post office "tried" to deliver my package. Meaning? They didn't feel like putting that last bit of effort in to ring my apartment bell so C could come down and sign for the package.

So we called the post office to reschedule delivery for another day when C (and maybe myself) would be home all day. We even got a confirmation # and everything. There was never another attempt. After 2 weeks of no notice from the post office, I called them. They told me it had been returned to sender. I emailed the sender. They didn't have it. So I waited 3 more weeks (still no diamond and no notice) and emailed the company again. Here is their lovely response:

Hello

I request you to go to your local post office personally with this tracking number. this item is still there with them. Some one have given you wrong answer to avoid you.
If it was send back then tracking info will say it has been return. As per the information...item is still there at post office.
when you go there ask them to look for it in firstclass mail with insurance and also give them tracking number.
I am sure they will be able to pull out your item in a minute. I request you to go to your post office please
If you have any further question, please feel free to e mail us.

Thank You.

Besides the fact that English is not their first language, they are of absolutely no help. I will try the post office one more time, but I think I am out $30, with no pretty yellow diamond, and left with an empty setting for a stone that exact size and shape. The chain I can use for something else, but I kind of had my heart set on wearing my simple pretty necklace.

Rarg.

7 comments:

SUEB0B said...

The post office is so sucky sometimes. I bought a plate off eBay - $8 I think - and it arrived smashed to pieces. Fortunately, I had forked out the $1.25 for insurance or something.

It took me four fucking visits to the PO to get my $8. One - the downtown PO does not do insurance, only the one in the last outpost of Hell. Two - the last outpost of Hell only has one person who does insurance and today is her day off. Three - the person is there but I need a receipt for the item. Four - receipt in hand, person there, finally, after the person saying wait a minute and disappearing for over 45 minutes I just left and left my receipt and finally they mailed me the money. Shit!

super des said...

I'm so mad at the post office. I hate them.

flutter said...

Oh BUMMER. I'll bet it is a pretty little thing...

Suzanne said...

Fuckers.

super des said...

It was pretty. I'll hold a grudge against them forever.

Alex Elliot said...

Needless to say, I'm not the post office's biggest fan. I like the font and the size that you used for that post.

super des said...

ha! Thanks. When I cut & pasted the reply from the company, it kept messing everything up, so I finally got it a decent way. Hence the font.

# #