Saturday, October 21, 2006

2 things I learned last night

I went to go see the Science Of Sleep. Go see it. It's about a guy that may or may not be crazy, in the way that he can't keep his dreams & his waking life separate. It's a French movie, but it's mostly in English, for all you people that don't like to read. Things are made of cardboard and cellophane. You have to like the star, Gael Garcia Bernal, because he is funny and a little dreamy. And if you don't like him, then the whole movie is a wash.

But the movie is a bit surreal, funny, and good times all around.

After the movie we wandered for several miles until we got to a little dessert place. It's not our normal place, but it's fun to try new things. I had a giant chocolate chip cookie, which I was really looking forward to dipping in my hot chocolate. Unfortunately, I did not get hot chocolate. I got boiling water with imitation chocolate flavor powder. I didn't have time to ponder the taste because the boiling part burned off the entire inside portion of my mouth before quickly falling to the sidewalk. Sure the taxi driver wiping down his car looked at me like I was crazy and maybe a little drunk, but that guy didn't just attempt to drink fire. (And for the record, I was neither crazy nor drunk.)

So, if you learn anything from this tidbit, it should be twofold:
YES - go see the Science of Sleep.
No - do not drink boiling hot water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see that movie sooooo badly! But baby makes things tough.

Note to self: join netflix ASAP!

Also, Gael García Bernal is mega-dreamy!

super des said...

Darling, you need a babysitter. If I lived very close I would either kidnap you or the baby, and somebody would be watching a movie.

# #