Tuesday, October 24, 2006

2 good reasons I shouldn't be at work

1. I have nothing to do. I know I never have anything to do, but even the things I normally stretch out to take an hour and a half are only taking me literally 5 minutes. I’ve already read the paper, done my blog run, wikipedia’d everything I can think of (did you know Beck is a Scientologist only because his parents were?) and played countless hours of computer games. I have finally made the jump from solitaire to minesweeper, and subsequently become obsessed with it. As a result, my minesweeper track record is already better than that of solitaire (best time on easy: 28 seconds). However I take it more personally when I lose. I haven’t even gone to lunch yet.

2. Once again, my coworkers have shown their ineptitude at controlling the temperature. It’s cold outside, so it’s cold inside too, right? Wrong. Oh so wrong. It’s currently about 90 degrees in my office, not counting the wool skirt and sweater I’m wearing. And it’s 50 outside. That’s not that cold. But these are the same people that turn the A/C on to 50 inside when it’s 90 outside. Yes, I wear a sweater during the summer. For some reason, they concentrate the heat in the bathroom, closing the door and cranking the heater to full blast. Thus, what I think should be a refreshing trip to wash my hands turns out to be a little trip through Hell.

I got new pajamas yesterday. I should be at home wearing them.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I didn't know that about Beck. It makes me feel a little better about him.

# #