Wednesday, June 21, 2006

signs

I have a theory:
There is a direct relationship between the number of signs hung and the number of idiots around.

In every place that I've worked, there has been a large number of signs posted. Of course, I am the one that posted a lot of them because I think it's funny to state the obvious (don't put salt in your eye) and confuse idiots. If I can do both at the same time, even better.

In the bathroom at work there is a sign that says do not put paper towels in the toilet. Why would I do that? Then over the trash can (that I presume the paper towels go into) there is another sign that says do not throw food away in the bathroom. What kind of mixed up office is this where people are bringing their food into the bathroom to eat, throwing the remainder in the big trash can, washing their hands, and flushing the paper towels in the toilet?

Yet the signs remain. If they were to be removed, I am absolutely positive that someone would throw their food away in the bathroom and put paper towels in the toilet. I would know this from the smell/bugs/mice in the bathroom swimming in the overflow from the clogged toilet.

# #