Monday, March 20, 2006

Attack of the Killer Umbrellas!

There I was, minding my own business, just trying to put my jacket in the closet, when BAM! a small umbrella jumps out of the closet and impales me. Most people have never been impaled by an umbrella, especially in the thumb. It is a most unpleasant experience. One of the little metal prongs that forms the end of the unfolded unbrella leapt from great heights with the rest of the umbrella in hot pursuit. The prong made contact with my left thumb, in a most piercing manner. Luckily and surprisingly, there was no blood. But there was a lot of Des yelling "ow the shit" as her thumb tingled into oblivion.

Lesson: Watch your backs. The umbrellas are attacking, and this time, it's personal.

1 comment:

Radio said...

Last time it was personal, too, or have you forgotten the Great Umbrella Fire of '03?

# #