Tuesday, March 21, 2006

songs for my wedding

Is it wrong to make the first step of planning my wedding the music?
I already have the songs picked out, but I don't have a wedding date. Or an engagement ring. But I do have a boyfriend. That's something, right?

Well regardless, here is a partial list of songs that I am definitely playing at my wedding. The list of songs I'm NOT playing would be far too long for anyone to comprehend.

"In Your Eyes" Peter Gabriel
"Never Tear Us Apart" INXS
"Love Song" The Cure
"Unchained Melody" The Righteous Brothers. I know It's cliche, but it's a good song to slow-dance to at weddings.
"Somebody" Depeche Mode

And maybe:

"Friday, I'm In Love" The Cure
"Because the Night" Patty Smith

I know there are a ton more that I forgot, but I am very specific about this; the songs have to be about good wedding things, like love. Sadly, this cuts out Patsy Cline and a lot of other stuff. I might even throw in songs about nothing, like They Might Be Giants or something. If you have any good ideas, let me know. I will consider them. And judge you on your taste in music, as you are judging me.

No comments:

# #