Tuesday, June 23, 2009

crampin my style

I have 4 days of work left. So today I came in with my new loom ready to start cracking out a new bracelet. I put my stuff down and being the opening procedures - counting the money and whatnot. A few minutes later, someone knocks on the (still locked) outside door. A whirlwind of thoughts come flooding to me, including the first sentence of this blog, and I realize this is probably my replacement.


I'm right: this girl has been training and wil be taking over my store. Nobody told me this. We chat a bit, and she's nice enough and seems competent, but I go ahead and call my boss anyway. "When is your last day again? Is it today or tomorrow?" Actually it's Friday. (Good thing I gave 6 weeks notice, huh?) So not only did they not tell me I was training someone, they didn't know when I was stopping work here. However, I was expecting the opposite - I'd hand them my keys at the end of this week and they would say "but you're scheduled to work still..." And I'd have to tell them to suck it.

But what if my last day was today? This new girl would be left all alone in a new store, not knowing what to do. And believe me, if I didn't need this last paycheck so desperately, I'd be outta here. But I'm here today, "training" this chick. That's in quotes because we haven't had any customers, and I'm not actually expecting any today. So I'm still here on the internet. I'm not working on my bracelet, and will probably take it home. I'm listening to the radio, but not my normal pandora, and definitely not singing along. But at least it's someone else to talk to during the day. For 3 more days after today, anyway.

4 comments:

LittlePea said...

Gosh this is so wierd. One minute I can visit your site. 5 minutes later, I can't. So for now, I can. Anyway, I'm here so it looks like today was a nonblocked day. I realize my comment has nothing to do with this post but I can't help it. Last time I mention this I promise

super des said...

I'm just wondering why blogger decided you can't be my friend any more.

mar said...

you're almost done with work!
omg! i'd be ready to leave the place unlocked & let the loonies go at it!

LittlePea said...

Blogger was trying to keep us apart.

# #