Friday, May 18, 2007

completely ineffectual

I just heard a stupid conversation.
2 youngsters (hipsters, if you will) were discussing how to get from one place to another. Helpful Elevator Stranger said "the bus goes there." Hipster A says "no, thanks, we're right off the subway" in that ok, lame grandma kind of tone.
Hipster B says "The one time I tried to take a bus in the City, I ended up on an express bus to the Bronx!"

Seriously, people, that's like getting on an amtrak train instead of a subway. You're not the brightest crayon in the box if you do that.

I blame the schools.

7 comments:

Brillig said...

Hahahaha. I can hear the "Ok, lame grandma" tone of voice perfectly. That's hilarious.

Yes, it's the schools. Must be the schools...

Serena Woodward said...

I blame the schools for a lot of things. It amazing what they don't teach anymore. I call it "memorize and regurgitate". (With a handful of exceptions...)

super des said...

ha ha ha!
Thats right VR!

flutter said...

you whippersnappers! Get off my lawn!

I actually blame hormones. Pretty much everyone in the late teen early twenties crowd are kind of clueless and self absorbed

super des said...

*shakes cane*

Gunfighter said...

I don't blame the schools, Des. I blame the dipshit people that raised the stupid hipsters.

super des said...

Yeah, but a lot of times, those people assume the schools are raising their kids.

(I don't actually blame the schools - that was more of a joke.)

# #