Thursday, December 07, 2006

stupid doctor. make me wait!

Here was my plan:
Leave work at 12 (and you know I'm always for leaving work early), swing by the doctor's office for some drugs, zip home & change my jacket because my big fuzzy jacket is too hot, then off to The City for fun with Suzanne.

Here was reality:
Leave work early, sit in the doctor's office for 2 & 1/2 hours, get so hungry I can't even read anymore, freak out, run out of the office and straight to the restaurant. Then on with the fun-having.

Here is a list of why I hate the doctor:
1. This is my third doctor attempt in NY and they have all been stupid and difficult.
2. I had to wait 2 & 1/2 hours for absolutely nothing. All I needed was some birth control meds, but no. I wasn't even seen. People that came in after me and didn't have to wait 2 & 1/2 hours were admitted before me, at the rate of one every 45 minutes.
3. I was told that after this month, the doctor no longer takes my insurance.

So my hunger-weakened mind reasoned that it would be good to leave and never come back.

At the restaurant, I ordered the first thing I saw. It was a vegan ham & avocado sandwich with yam fries and it was super tasty. Before this, all I had put in my stomach all day was a cup of coffee and an odwalla bar. Luckily my hunger-induced weakness allowed the people at the doctor's office's lives to be spared, especially after saying that they were going in order of arrival, when clearly they were not.

I was glad to have my big jacket after all, because it got a lot colder than it had been. I also was glad for the hat & gloves. And the hot chocolate. And the warm stores that we kept going to. (Update: I bought the cat a new leather string, and he is very happy with the deal.)

So the lesson learned is: I should just leave work early all the time and give up on ever going to the doctor again. Of course, this will probably result in lots of babies for des.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is vegan ham..
I think you should eat first and then go to the doctor so you can have the strength to kick some doctor butt..

super des said...

vegan ham is made out of soy, probably. I like it, but I don't go in for that "real ham" kind of thing.

Next time I go to any doctor, I will make sure I am fully nourished so that hell can be raised, if need be.

Amy Jo said...

But if you have your own babies, who will be there to tell me how cute mine is all the time?

super des said...

See this is why I need to go to the dr.

Besides, I thought we could trade off because I will have cute babies as well.

# #