Wednesday, December 20, 2006

the easy way

Today’s a good day to stay home. It’s sunny, but the air has a nice 40-degree chill to it; the kind that requires a big coat. I could get by with the regular coat, but I’m tired of wearing it every day. (Damn you El Niño! Winter should be cold!) My chest cold has moved into my head, so I seem to be living in my own semi-soundproof bubble for a while.

I would love to be able to sleep in a little, especially when I’m sick. Maybe watch a movie and make some jewelry. A lot of people have been asking after Jewelry by des lately, but not enough to assure that I can quit my day job and just make things out of beads all day. This is what I want to do. The more I sell, the more supplies (like fancy gemstones) I can buy, and then the more I can sell for more money. I just need a little push.

Don’t you want some nice jewelry? Makes a great gift….
If I was able to work from home, it’s true that you would read less of my annoying work adventures, but I can only gripe for so long. And I would still be able to find interesting things to write about. Trust me. But I would be so much happier. And I wouldn’t become a hermit either. I would still be very social – more so than now because I could be available between 9-5. I do most of my beading at night anyway. This system would allow me to keep my crazy hours and my sanity.

I want to live the dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your jewelry is nice. I don't buy jewelry but if I did I would buy yours. Just so you could stay home and socialize in the day and make jewelry at night.

Hope you are feeling better soon..

super des said...

Thanks buddy.
I hope you are feeling better as well. (Did you give me an internet virus???)

# #