Thursday, December 28, 2006

Back to the Grind

Back to work. Blah. Nobody cared that I was gone yesterday, especially after I regaled them with the wonderful adventures that I had in the many airports.

I returned to find that someone had been at my desk. My chair was too high for my short little legs and the back was tightened so I couldn’t recline. Plus my computer was on and there was a wrapped present and a paycheck on my desk. They prob shouldn’t leave the check out, even though it is direct deposit, but it’s got my social and stuff on there. Also, someone sprayed my phone with Lysol this morning because they had used it and “didn’t want me to get sick.” News flash!
1. I already have a cold, and that’s as sick as I ever get.
2. You should have used your own damn phone if you’re that concerned.
3. The Lysol stinks and is prob going to give me a rash on my face. My answer? I don’t use the phone the rest of the day.

The wrapped present was a fake nice gesture because it was one of the free gifts Estee Lauder gives out, and they’re one of our big accounts. So we just got the same thing some middle aged woman with too much money gets if she spends however much at Macy’s, a giant tote bag with some makeup samples. It’s a nice bag, but I was a bit dismayed because it looked and smelled like real suede, and that goes against my whole “no dead cows” thing. After I decided to sell it on ebay, I found the tiny tag inside that said it was all 100% polyester. Sweet. Got me a new giant bag. As for the makeup, I’ll use the mascara, but everything else is not for me. They are all subdued colors of eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick that range from beige to “tea rose” which is like a dusty pinky red. The kind of colors the same middle aged women with too much money wear when they are trying to look like they are not wearing any makeup. Not my bag. I mean the bag is mine, but the makeup is not for me.

My co-department-worker put in her notice while I was gone. This makes me sad because for the next 7 months I will have to deal with someone new. As we are the only 2 people in the department, I will have to do more work, which is fine, but I just hate dealing with new people. It’s not my job to train them. The person now is annoying but not as annoying as most other people, and she actually does her job. She’s good at it. The next person won’t be as good, but our boss pissed her off with his petty policies, so she’s out. Which leaves me alone. Rawr.

Ok, that’s enough boring work stuff. I’ll write something more entertaining later.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'll take the bland makeup if you still have it. That's just my style: old lady!

super des said...

It's yours.
Between you & count mockula, I'm becoming the Queen of Regifting.

# #