Wednesday, October 18, 2006

the letter

Dear Nancy,

I got your email saying that you had left me a message and I had not yet responded. For this, I apologize. I was in the middle of a task and like to finish one thing before I start another. Often, I check my messages between projects, as a way to clear my head and get out of the “zone” so I can concentrate on my next duty.

I realize this makes me an irresponsible employee and again, I apologize.

I know you are only trying to do your job, and your job is to collect overdue payment from your customers. When a customer is as slow in paying as my company is, I understand the need to continually try and establish contact so that you can get your $500.

Luckily, your email prompted me to check my phone messages, even though I had checked them about a half hour previous. I had one message. It was from you, restating what you had written in the email. The message was recorded at 10:27 am. The email was sent at 10:34 am the same day.

Once again, I apologize for not responding to your phone call in the seven minutes that I was allotted. I was away from my desk when I received the email, so by the time I did the necessary research and responded to you, it was 11:40 am. This is completely unacceptable behaviour, and I see that now. I have already notified my boss and coworkers, so please expect a letter from the president of my company apologizing once again for my rudeness, as well as my letter of resignation.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for inconveniencing you in this way.

Sincerely,
des

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy is an Ass Hat.

super des said...

Totally an Ass HAt.

SUEB0B said...

Nancy can suck it.

Count Mockula said...

Ha! Screw Nancy the seven minute hag.

Count Mockula said...

Ha! Screw Nancy the seven minute hag.

Suzanne said...

Wow, I'm impressed that Nancy waited more than 5 minutes before she called. What an amazing feat of self-restraint.

# #