Wednesday, September 20, 2006

mac & cheese mishap

Here are the steps for making mac & cheese, which I do every 2 days:

1. boil water
2. pour noodles in boiling water
3. drain water from noodles
4. mix cheese powder, butter, and milk (or their vegan alternatives) in newly empty pan
5. pour noodles back in pan
6. mix all ingredients
7. enjoy!

Here's what I almost did just now:

1. boil water
2. pour cheese powder into boiling water
3. realize what has just occurred, too late
4. throw away dry noodles and cheese-water
5. cry a little
6. not have lunch for the next 2 days
7. be hungry & cranky

Luckily I realized what was happening as the first powder-lettes of cheese fell into the water. Noooooooo I screamed, and did a slow-motion dive to stop myself from pouring the rest in.

Tragedy has been averted once again.

5 comments:

Toastedsuzy said...

Mac n' Cheese is tricky business. That was quick thinking on your part.

I alway make the boy cook mac n' cheese. He does it better than I do.

;)

Pendullum said...

You know what I like to do sometimes???

Promise not to laugh?

I add lemonpepper,
a portion of green pepper cut up fine
and a bit of red onion and a bit of a tomato...just after I have I had the cheese mixture all together...
It's one of my comfort foods...
Glad your tragedy was averted...

David said...

Well, as long as you didn't do a slow motion dive into the boiling water, I suppose everything turned out okay.

super des said...

ts- kids are so much better at it. I've been making it since I was a kid, but I seem to be losing my touch.

P- That actually sounds good. My mom used to put tuna fish and peas in it. That was gross.

d- Thanks for noticing the slow dive part. I would have a much different story to tell if I had gone into the water.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

See this is about being preoccupied. One of my favorite pass times. I've ruined plenty o meal my purple haired friend.

# #