Wednesday, June 14, 2006

smurfday rememberances

-- My cousin got married on my 16th bday. Because Craig is psychic, he knew that for some reason my sweet 16 would be forgotten. So he bought me ribbons to wear to proclaim to the world that it was in fact my bday. I wore them, and two things happened:

1) Strangers would notice and ask if was my bday. I would puff out my chest a little prouder and delcare that it was, waiting for the inevitable wish of "happy bday." It never came. They would say "oh" and walk away.
2) My cousin (not the bride) asked if today was my bday. I said "No, I just wear the ribbon for fun." I actually saw her brain stretch and finally snap in half as she tried to process this information. She gave me a confused half-smile and wandered away without a word.

I still wear the ribbons every year. When I worked at Longs, they dissuaded customers from yelling at me so much. I still got yelled at, but the next person would always apologize for them. I didn't wear them today because I don't like the people at work talking to me, but they are on my backpack. This will allow the more observant of the minions to notice and put 2 and 2 together. I will put them on my shirt when I leave work.

-- My 21st bday was spent with several friends crammed into a limo, making various stops at people's houses and Safeways to restock on liquor. I don't remember too much of that night. We got yelled at by the limo driver not to stand out of the sunroof, and yelled at by the guys on the street for going back in. At some point we made it back to the house and attempted a very drunk game of Trivial Pursuit. I won't mention any names, but someone (not me) was laying on the kitchen floor yelling "ASS" to answer every question. Then we all passed out.

-- Last year a few good buddies and I went to eat fondue. I heart fondue. I received the best presents, like the book "Kat Kong" and my very pretty amethyst earrings (which I haven't lost yet, though there was one close call that involved dismantling the pipe to the bathroom sink). We are supposedly going to fondue again tonight, just me & Craig.

-- When I was little, I was to have my first boy/girl party, and I invited everyone in my class. Then it rained and very few people showed up.

-- 2 Jim Carrey movies have come out on my bday: The Cable Guy and Batman Returns. I've always held a grudge against him for this.

-- Today is also Boy George's and Donald Trump's bday. I have always claimed that Trump owes me money, but he's never paid up. I've always held a grudge against him for this.

-- I'm hearing all the best songs today. I won't mention what they are, but you can probably figure it out.

There will probably be more later because I feel like working even less than I normally do.

3 comments:

SUEB0B said...

Happy birthday, Des! I hope you have a lovely fondue.

I share my bday with three terrible people. Email me and I will tell you. Eeew yuk. I will also tell you the traumatic tale of my 21st. It involved both a clown and a cheating boyfriend. I don't know which was worse.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Little Des happy b-day a day late.

the Yearning Heart said...

happy birthday very late. I like Craig, from what you write. He's a keeper, all right

# #