Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm so full of beans today

I've started taking drugs at work.

Don't go running to the feds yet, Ma Barker. I mean ever since I've been re-introduced to Trader Joes (yes, we've braved the lines for the only TJ's in NYC), I've re-discovered the joys of chocolate-covered "expresso" beans. Munching on them at work means I don't have to drink icky office coffee - unflavored? yuck - but it also means that I have to be careful to not keep eating them absentmindedly. It's very easy to just keep eating bean after bean until I realize what I've been doing. By then, it's too late. I'm wired.

Chocolate + coffee = 1 hyper des. I don't need to be more hyper at work, because then I get my work done even faster than normal, and I sit there twiddling my thumbs for longer. Plus, I have all this pent up energy, so when I get up to go somewhere, I run there like I'm Forrest Gump or something.

The worst is being at work while hopped up on caffeine. Especially an office job. At least at Longs, it was normal to run around like a crazy chicken. Here it is much more turtle-paced. I judge my jobs by what type of animal I become, by the way.

I don't think I need to mention this, but I will anyway. My natural tendency to ramble becomes much more enhanced while on speed... I mean caffeine. This started out just as a one-line blog, and look what's happened to it. I'd better stop because I could seriously go on forever.

1 comment:

SUEB0B said...

I babble like a chimp when I am on caffeine...lately it is decaf for me. Sigh.

# #