Wednesday, May 03, 2006

brains... BRAINS!

Today I turned into a zombie. My eyes lolled to the back of my head and I stared blankly for almost an hour. I couldn't concentrate or do simple, menial tasks. I worked hard all day, then suddenly I just stopped. I was done. I was no longer a member of the living realm; I had joined those who came before me, and would soon be joined by many more.

Nobody noticed my trip among the undead. Or maybe they had all just accepted it as an inevitablity. My phone didn't ring, I got no emails, and nobody came to my desk. As I had no brains to feed on, my return to normal waking life was assured.

However, I don't think I'll ever be the same. There's an HP Lovecraft story where a man's soul is transplanted and replaced by that of another being. After the being's departure, the man comes back to his own body. However, he continually has flashes of his life while in the alien body. He was never the same, and I think this will happen to me. I will relapse into zombiehood periodically, then more and more often, until I am finally a fully fledged zombie once again.

1 comment:

SUEB0B said...

This explains a lot! I am becoming a ZOMBIE at work! I never would have guessed on my own. Thanks, Des.

# #