Wednesday, March 08, 2006

ink & me

If you ever look at my hands, you will probably see that they are covered in ink. Maybe not covered, but there is generally more ink on my hands than there should be, unless I haven’t used any sort of pen all day. But every day that I have to go to work, I get strange colored spots on my hands. Today there is a red spot on my palm between my middle finger & ring finger on my right hand, and black smudges all over the tips of my middle finger and thumb on my left hand. Part of the problem is that I don’t know how pen caps work, so I am always missing the cap and hitting my hand with the pen tip instead. This also happens when I use stamps.
Speaking of stamps, I have a date stamp at work because I am too lazy to write the same date over and over ten thousand times. I was mad when I got it, because it wasn’t self-inking. But that’s ok. I dealt with it. But today I realized, while looking at the box for a different stamp, that there is a slot to put the tiny ink pad in, within the stamp. this was a great revelation to me. Now the stamp is self-inking; all the dates are perfectly and evenly inked, and this should cut down on my inky hands. I’m definitely moving up in the world.

No comments:

# #