Friday, April 17, 2009

torture

Every so often, I hate my job. Longtime readers know this. It doesn't matter what the job is: it matters what the weather outside is like. If it's a blizzard, I don't want to leave my nice warm house. If it's a 70-degree fresh Spring day (like today, incidentally), I don't want to spend it indoors. Some jobs are better than others with this - my last job in NYC at least allowed us to have the door wide open, so we could enjoy the fresh air. This job is the complete opposite, however. Even if I could open the door, I'm still stuck behind bulletproof glass.

I keep saying this. I need a non-conventional job. I need to do something that allows me freedom and creativity (yet still pays the bills). If more people bought jewelry, that would be an awesome way to make a living. Or I could get on that whole "writing" thing that's always in the back of my mind. There's a glimmer of hope that when I move I can get some job like this, but chances are I won't.

So I have to be content with looking at the sunshine, and hoping it's still nice out after 7pm today.

2 comments:

LittlePea said...

My neck hurts really bad from sleeping funny so I can't be outside on a pretty day either. Still though, you're behind a bullet proof window. You win more pity points. I'm sure you'll find something when you move.

OH! I just thought of another way to sell your jewelry! My church has a small book store that also sells gifts. I noticed they had a small corner with beaded bracelets and necklaces for sale. Only they weren't as cute as your stuff. When you move you should find out if there are any churches around who might have one of those....or stores that sell devotional stuff . You've pro'lly already done that but when I was in there yesterday and saw, I thought about you.

super des said...

Aw, sorry about your neck.

I am going to check into selling my stuff via consignment, cuz apparently people around there go for that.

# #