Saturday, November 22, 2008

des the carnivore

Since I started eating chicken again, I kinda feel like it's all I want to eat. Chicken chicken chicken. Most of that was because the first step back into meat-eatingness was such a tasty chicken salad. Since then, I've also had chicken BBQ'd by Jay, and also in mcnugget form, grilled by nobody. I've decided that mcnuggets are not satisfying at all (well maybe to throw). I do like homemade chicken, but I still have to be careful that it's all white meat and all of a homogenous texture. No surprises like fat or anything like that. Yes I'm now uber-picky. But when everything works out, I get to eat tasty food.

2 comments:

LittlePea said...

Oh chicken. Yeah. It's the best. You can never go wrong really. Do you like yellow rice? Here's an easy chicken dish if you do. Buy a yellow rice packet. Follow the directions but add frozen peas and carrots(and corn if you like) to the pot with the rice and water. When the rice is halfway done-Cut a couple filets of chicken breast into bite sized cubes and sprinkle salt,pepper,paprika,seasoned salt,rep pepper(not too much if you don't like things too spicy),garlic powder. Oh and you need to dice half of a small onion too. Saute chicken and onion in a few tablespoons of olive oil on med-high heat until chicken is cooked all the way through. You can add a diced plum tomato. Serve the chicken over the yellow rice and veggies. I sometimes sprinkle colby jack cheese. This is also good with black beans.....

I know you didn't ask for a recipe but it's what I'm making for dinner today so here you go. I hate cooking and I'm picky so it makes me happy if I can contribute to someone else's kitchen repertoire.

super des said...

That actually sounds really yummy and I want it right now.

# #