Wednesday, January 30, 2008

some updates

Because I am incredibly self-centered, I am convinced that the internets are grasping on the edge of their seats to hear what is going on in des' Reality World.

Remember yesterday when I was a little down? Well my Jason came home from work with a dozen roses. Y'all know that I like roses. des smiled.

I finally finished the necklace I've been halfheartedly working on for months. Also, a few friends jumped in to promote my jewelry site so I could get some money. A few things have even been sold.

Speaking of money, all my harassment of my former employer finally paid off (quite literally). My check for the work that I did was deposited into my bank today. I still never actually got to speak to a person or get any response to the emails and messages, but at least they realized their mistake. And now I never have to deal with them again.

The cat and dog have accepted each other. Midnight still completely ignores Mecru, while the cat is "comfortable" near the dog. But Mecr has taken back to his old habits of sleeping on top of me at night even though Midnight is only a few feet away. Mecru even did the old butt-wiggle-and-charge thing at Midnight. Midnight didn't even notice, and I don't think it interested Mecru enough to keep trying.

So that's it. It was negative 6 degrees here today, so I didn't leave the warmth of the cat-lap-couch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are settling down. It's always hard to move to a new place. We are definitely here (hear?) for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and more importantly, I am so glad that you got what you are owed. That is great news.

super des said...

YOu mean the roses, right? ha ha ha.
Anyway, I'm very thankful for the internets and all the friends I've gotten and fallen in love with. (that's the difference between moving here and moving to NYC.)

Count Mockula said...

Whew!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Mecru is adjusting (and that you got your money!) and it cracks me up that Midnight ignores him. I hope your heat works better than mine:) It wasn't as cold here but my ramshackle craphouse is so badly insulated that I go through about $450 worth of oil in about 6 weeks!
-Steph

super des said...

steph, my heat works very well. It's awful to have to walk the dog, but it's so nice to run back into the house and save my extremities from falling off.

# #