Friday, November 02, 2007

the magic of foresight

Halloween: I worked. The store was actually pretty dead. That was good.
Went home at nine and.... stayed home. But for some reason I still only got 4 hours of sleep.
Then I woke up before the sun to go work at job #1.
It was totally busy and when I left, I used my time to drink a cup of coffee, lie on the couch and think about a nap, and eat part of a sandwich.
Then I was off to job #2.
That store was totally dead. I mean not a single person bought a single thing while I was there.
So that made me more tired than I already was.
Then I went home, ate, and got ready for an after Halloween party.
I put on my sparkly blue dress which re-energized me for the night ahead, which included drinks and more really long hours.

And that, friends, is why I'm not at work today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness me. Sounds like the week I've been having. Do nothing, stay up late, be tired. Are you around this weekend to continue the pattern?

super des said...

yes, I get to keep working. But with less drinking and more sleeping hopefully.

jessabean said...

Wow, must be something going around, because I had the same sort of week! And it was so quiet in the office today I just wanted to sleep right at my desk...

super des said...

at least I only have to work 2 jobs for 1 more week...

LittlePea said...

Nothing wrong with staying home from work.

super des said...

Well I asked for today off so I could.
:)

# #