Monday, May 21, 2007

my cat pukes every time he sees my boyfriend, and other interesting stories

Ok, well not every time. But there were a few incidents when we returned from DC, and then another incident upon Craig's return from CA. There were no incidents in the interim. I don't know what to do about this.

In other news, the AIDS Walk went well. I proudly wore my gold crown and secret ID badge as we trudged around the Upper West Side and Morningside Heights for a coupla hours. We ate lunch and went grocery shopping and then went home where I really tried to take a nap but C wouldn't let me. He says I need to exercise more if a 6 mile walk wiped me so completely out. I say which one of us goes to the gym on a regular basis? (Me.) I also say that maybe if I hadn't gone to the airport late the night before to meet him, then we wouldn't have gotten home after midnight because the cabbie didn't feel like following the directions we gave him. That would have made getting up and leaving the house by 8:30 am much easier.

So that was my weekend.

8 comments:

Gunfighter said...

My weekend was all about getting through saturday's soccer game without getting into a shouting match with my fellow coach in front of the kids and the parents.

super des said...

That's kinda the same thing.

Brillig said...

Congrats on the Aids Walk. That is so, so cool. (And of course you were tired!!!!)

As for Craig and the cat, hahahahaha. I don't really know what to say. Poor Craig! Wait. Poor CAT!

super des said...

I did make Craig clean it up last time because it is somehow his fault.
:D

jessabean said...

My cat used to puke like a champ! It got really annoying having to stockpile bottles of Resolve and rolls of paper towels.

Turns out his digestive system is all finicky. You might try finding food that says "sensitive stomach" or "easy digestion" or something like that.

Of course the whole pet food recall thing has me all paranoid lately...

super des said...

He's never had this problem before, and we're feeding him the same food he's always had (which luckily was not affected by the recall).

Serena Woodward said...

I say: 6 mile walk? Yeah....okay. I try not to use those kinds of words in the same sentences. Words like "up early" and "going to the gym". These phrases do not belong to my vocabulary.

When there's a charity event, I'm the one donating her time to watch peoples kids so THEY can walk.

When I see people running I'm always tempted to say things like,"I think you lost whatever was chasing you." Sadly, this means Serena will never be a size seven again. Serena just doesn't have the motivation to "work it".

super des said...

Someone saw a picture of me and said "don't ever let me hear you complain about being fat!" and I was like "first of all, I don't complain, and second, I work hard so that I don't have to complain."

Kind of off-topic, but you reminded me of it.

# #