Sunday, January 07, 2007

voiceless

I have no voice. And I don't mean that in a pathetic metaphorical "I'm just a girl" way. I mean that when I try to talk, all that comes out are little squeaky sounds and whispers.

My voice slowly disappeared over the course of last night. It was fine at dinner. Then we went to an all-too-expensive bar for my friend's bday. Though my $12 drink was tasty, something in it must have irritated my throat because I became "hoarser and hoarser" to quote one of my taunters. When we finally got home (at 4am! WTF?) I had nothing. I went to sleep, hoping it would come back after a few hours of un-use. But all that happened was tat I woke numerous times with a painful throat and still no voice. This morning, I took all my vitamins and medicine and everything I should, but still no voice.

I hope to find my voice soon. To be strong and stand up and be heard. But until then, I must communicate via a series of blinks.

Blink blink. Blink. Blink blink. Blink blink.

2 comments:

Alex Elliot said...

I hope you feel better soon!

super des said...

(Whispers)Thanks!

# #