Wednesday, January 17, 2007

tag tag tag tag

Suebob wanted to know these things about me, so now everyone gets to know them.

Four Things

4 Jobs

1. Selling newspaper subscriptions door to door: I quit over the phone because I would rather hang out with my friend than not sell newspapers (I wasn’t very good at it).
2. Selling souvenirs at the racetrack: While my mom was out on the track taking pictures, I manned the booth selling her work. Pretty sweet gig for a 12 year old.
3. Pharmacy Technician: Can you spell stress?
4. Table Busser: I was not a waitress. It took me 3 weeks to realize that the job sucked and the owners didn’t believe in “paying” their employees.

4 movies I could watch over and over

1. Any Tim Burton movie. I love them all, and own the ones I can.
2. Mystery Men: hilarity at it’s finest
3. My Fair Lady: I love to sing along. And if I don’t feel like actually seeing it, I also have the soundtrack cd.
4. Roman Holiday: I just love Audrey Hepburn.

4 places I've vacationed

1. All over California
2. All across the US: a month-long, cross-country drive really gives you a chance to see a lot of things.
3. San Felipe, Baja California: When I was younger my aunts owned beach cabins there. I wonder if they still do?
4. Chicago: I went to a wedding there once and spent a lot of time by myself.

4 websites I visit daily (self explanatory)

1. Yahoo mail
2. Google reader
3. myspace
4. NY Times

4 of my favorite dishes

1. Pasta: I make the best myself, but I always order it in restaurants too.
2. Sushi: And no, it’s not raw fish. That’s sashimi, which I don’t like.
3. Aloo Motor Gobi: mmm Indian food…
4. Ice Cream: I’m always up for ice cream, even when it’s 20 degrees outside like it is today. Hot chocolate is also good any time of year.

4 places I've lived

1. Eureka, CA: A good place to grow up, but also a good place to move away from as a teenager.
2. Fresno, CA: The Fresno tourism department prints brochures telling you to go somewhere else (San Francisco, Yosemite, etc). No joke.
3. Mendoza, Argentina: Technically I was an exchange student, but I was there for 3 months. It rocked my socks.
4. NYC: It’s big and expensive, but I like it here.

4 places I would rather be

1. Yosemite: Haven’t been there in a while and it’s super cool all the time.
2. At home: I only had 2 Pajama Days this weekend. Clearly that was not enough.
3. Somewhere with all my friends together. They’re a good bunch.
4. The Natural History Museum: I can’t get enough of that place.*

4 favorite drinks

1. Water.
2. Juice, but none of this other crap. I need 100% juice!!!!
3. Hot chocolate
4. Strawberry Daquiri: mmmm strawberries

4 wishes

1. To get not only accepted into the PhD program, but with a full scholarship.
2. To have more time & money to go visit my long-distance friends more often.
3. To have a happy life in general.
4. Good health for myself & my loved ones.

4 regrets

I don’t believe in having regrets, because there’s no point. You can’t change the past.

My own 4 -

My 4 best talents


1. I have an odd capacity for remembering useless trivia.
2. I get along well with animals – my mom says I talk to them, which is fine.
3. I’ve been reading since I was 3 years old (the newspaper – not Dick and Jane). And you wonder why I’m getting a PhD in Literature?
4. I’m related by marriage to Al Pacino.

4 people I'm tagging

I tag anyone and everyone. If you have bloggers’ block, this tag is for you.



* No, I haven’t seen “Night at the Museum.” I love the museum, and I love Ben Stiller, but I hate Robin Williams and going to the movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liked your list. Being related to Al Pacino is pretty cool.
What did he give you for Christmas..

# #