Friday, January 05, 2007

maculate conception

I’ve completed one whole week of taking my birth control pill. I didn’t even miss any (though I did sometimes forget until 8 hours later). So, the pills are doing their job – no babies. Of course the recent weeks have probably contributed to that, what with visiting the ‘rents, then the 3000 mile separation, and then the proximity of Houseguest in the next room. But the point is, my money is well spent. No babies.

However I know lots of people that are doing the opposite. They are spending money and time going to the doctor and buying things to help them conceive. They want children. They have discussed it with their partner and consciously decided to bring new life into this world. But Fate is cruel, and they are having trouble. No babies for them either. Yet there are people out there that are breeding like sporous mushrooms. They don’t want children. These are the people that fund the abortion industry and the leave-your-baby-in-a-dumpster industry.

Clearly the universe has a quota for babies being born. But it’s not a fair system. It seems that those that genuinely want a baby, and have the means to raise the child in a loving healthy environment, are the ones that have the hardest time. Meanwhile, well, just read the news.

You know, Universe*, if you let people make a conscious choice about having babies and then complied with their wishes, you would have an easier time with it all. Less babies would be conceived because only those that really wanted them would be able to. Those that were just out for casual sex with no family plans would not have the burden of getting rid of their unwanted children. The population would stabilize itself. There would be no need for things like tsunamis, earthquakes, famines, terrorist attacks, snowstorms, and the like to thin out the overcrowded planet. That’s not fair, and we deserve a fair universe.

Someday I’m going to want children. Whether it’s easy or not, it still won’t be fair. There are those that will say “why did you get to conceive first try?” or “why did you have to spend thousands of dollars just for a glimmer of hope of conception?” and I won’t have an answer for either of them. But it goes on record that I am pro the Fairness in the Universe Act. Can someone please get to work on that? Thanks.



* Call it God, Fate, whatever. I can’t appeal to Evolution on this one.

10 comments:

Count Mockula said...

I second the motion for the Fairness in the Universe Act...

super des said...

I thought you might. Everyone really should.

Pendullum said...

It is a hard path for anyone... Choice...

A few of my girlfriends spends hundreds of dollars on birth control only to find out that they did not need any control at all as they were infertile....

Then they spend years trying desperately to conceive, all the emotional investiture to carry a baby, and come out void...

And then to spend years waiting to adopt in country...and then opt for a foreign country...

They all have beautiful girls that they love with all their hearts,they give as much as humanly possible as their children are so wanted....

Choice is such a hard thing... And there are so many down the road.
I respect your choice not to have children just yet...
And my universe is full of choice and options but that is mine...
And there are many, many others that do not have choice or options...
I would love for there to be endless options for the universe...
But until then I am grateful that you and I and my friends around me have choice...

super des said...

That was a good comment.

In my brainand heart, I'm scared that when I do finally decide to have kids, I'll find out that I'm unable. I'm also scared to go get the tests, for that result.

Anonymous said...

I third it.

super des said...

We've got a revolution starting...

Anonymous said...

You should have typed this post 4 years ago... when we spent $25,000 to have the duo.
I can't agree with you more. :)

So.. I guess I 4th that.

super des said...

It has not yet been proven that me typing this will solve the infertility problems. Somebody get pregnant and then tell the world I'm a miracle worker!

Anonymous said...

The Fairnees in the Universe Act makes perfect sense. Having seen this play out in all forms with the people around me, fertility, infertility, the right time, the wrong time... I wish this could come to be. I am never able to find the right bith control. I either have headaches or sickness or random bleeding, which is fun. And the doctor's answer is always, "let's try adifferent dose or new med." I really do not enjoy the experiments so back to the drugstore...

My daughter has some annoying dolls that thankfully have an on/off switch that we use when we do not want to play with them anymore. I was thinking it would be great if we had one as well. Ours would be the pregnancy on/off switch. What could be more simple than that? When you are ready and willing, you just flip the switch.

Great post.

super des said...

I like this on/off switch idea. You'd just have to remember to flip the switch.

# #