Monday, February 27, 2006

for the record

I’d like to state for the record that my name is des. If you know me at work or some other business – like thing, my name is desiree. My name is NOT desi. I will not respond to this name. I’d like to say it has never been my name, but my 3rd grade teacher did call me this. Until I corrected her. Then she stopped.
Some people are not so quick to catch on. Whenever a certain person addresses me, not only is it inevitably followed by a stupid question, but she calls me desi. In person and in emails. And I have corrected her every time. In person and in emails. Just doesn’t get through her fat head. Soon I will get to ignore her all together, because she obviously doesn’t know my name.

As a side note, this person JUST noticed my rose tattoo today. And this tattoo is on my wrist, always in plain sight, even if I wear long sleeves. And I’ve had it for like 5 years.

UPDATE:
even though i said these words to her: "my name is desiree, not desi." she still addresses me as Desi. i will sock her nose.

No comments:

# #